Thursday, November 14, 2013

Headboard help!

Since you guys have such great advice & input on things,  I thought maybe you guys could help me out!  Recently I bought a headboard at an estate sale.  Its a great solid wood headboard.  I love the pattern, but I am not THAT in love with the wood.  The wood is a brown/black speckled (think 1970s) color.  I have been going back and forth if I should paint it.  My original thought is yes, since I have been on the look out for a wooden headboard to paint.  Below is my inspiration!  I have had these pictures forever, so I am not sure where I got them.      




Below is the headboard I bought.  I am in the process of looking for some table legs to extend the height (Right now its too short!).  Also the color I was thinking of painting it.  It's a soft gray, which totally would brighten it up.  The color is also neutral enough, that if I decide to change my mind about the room's decor, it would still look good.  


Home Depots BEHR Light French Gray

Thoughts?  Opinions?  

xox,
Katie
                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment