Monday, July 14, 2014

Headboard Makeover


Remember this 70's style headboard I picked up from an estate sale a while back?  Well I finally finished it!  I knew I wanted to paint it a light gray, so I went with a sample size (yes you read that right!) of Behr's Light French Gray, which was the perfect color!  It's a light gray but has hints of blue hues.  First, I added some 6 inch table legs to give the headboard some height.  Next I sandpapered the headboard which afterwards I put the first coat of the paint. After the second coat dried, I took some fine steel wool and went over the whole headboard.  The steel wool added a darker gray tone but did not distress it as much as I wanted, so I used some sandpaper. The great thing about distressing, is the less perfect it is the better!  So after all that, below is the finished results: 





Hope you like it!  And can't wait to show everyone the finished bedroom. 

xox,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment